The NSF Home Product Certification Program™ follows a simple five-step process. It has been designed to achieve quick turnaround times, resulting in complete product certification in a reasonable time frame.
The five steps are as follows:
- Online Application - The manufacturer applies for certification, providing key corporate, product and manufacturing facility information.
- Product Evaluation - The manufacturer submits products to NSF for review and testing.
- Product Testing - Utilizing the appropriate NSF protocol for that specific product category, NSF engineers and toxicologists confirm the safety of materials used to manufacture the product; then evaluate quality and performance, using the protocol's designated test methods. This confirms product compliance and verifies that the product will perform as claimed on its packaging.
- Manufacturing Facility Audit - An NSF auditor visits the manufacturing facilities to verify that the manufacturing process consistently produces products meeting certification requirements. To maintain active status, all certified facilities are re-audited annually.
- Product Certification - Once all requirements are satisfied, products are certified by NSF and product packaging will then include the NSF "Certified for Home Use" mark. At that time, certified products are included on NSF's public listings website for retailers and consumers to view.
To learn more about the program or to begin the certification process, contact NSF today.
Search for NSF Certified Products