BIFMA level® Certification
- Benefits of Certification
- Why Work With NSF Sustainability?
- Certification Process
The BIFMA level® commercial furniture sustainability standard is rapidly becoming one of the most respected and credible standards for defining sustainable products. The standard includes prerequisites and criteria that address not only the product, but also the manufacturer. Certification considers a company’s social actions, energy usage and material selection as well as the human and ecosystem health impacts related to the product.
What is level?
The level certification is based on the ANSI/BIFMA e3-2010 Furniture Sustainability Standard. It defines three conformance levels (from 1 to 3 with 3 being the highest) based on performance requirements and quantifiable metrics in four key areas:
- Material utilization
- Energy and atmosphere impacts
- Human and ecosystem health
- Social responsibility
For more information about the level standard, download the level certification brochure. For more information on certification to level or to request a quote, call +1 734.476.2543 or email email@example.com.
To purchase a copy of the level standard, visit the NSF Bookstore.
Benefits of Certification
Independent level certification by NSF allows you to:
- Distinguish your "green" products from your competitors’, making you a preferred vendor to those seeking sustainable solutions
- Meet state and federal procurement guidelines
- Achieve the most credible type of certification available in the marketplace
- Save money by adopting more sustainable operational practices and business approaches
Download NSF’s level certification brochure.
Why Work With NSF Sustainability?
With nearly 70 years of laboratory testing, product reviews, validation and technical excellence, NSF is a preferred third-party certification body for businesses and organizations. We know the requirements and intent behind each level® criterion. We guide you through the certification process to achieve cost-effective, reliable and consistently high quality results.
We are also a leading worldwide third-party registrar for ISO 14001 and ISO 9001, and we provide greenhouse gas verification and forestry certification services. With our large network of international auditors, we can conduct audits in over 100 countries and provide you with global market access for your products and services.
NSF has helped thousands of manufacturers obtain both local and international market access by evaluating products to the requirements of multiple product standards. We certify products to sustainable standards using a simple six-step process.
- Your company completes the application process and submits signed documents to NSF.
- With our guidance, your company submits documentation for an off-site document review.
- We conduct an off-site documentation review and provide feedback and data analysis prior to the on-site audit.
- We conduct an on-site audit of the manufacturing facility(s).
- Once all follow up is complete, we grant certification and list your certified products on the NSF website.
- We schedule annual surveillance audits and notify you of recertification.
Our experts can help you reduce overall costs and expedite your time to market by bundling services, which can reduce the number of contracted service providers and required facility audits.
- 5 days ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. — NSF Sustainability, the division of NSF International that provides sustainability standards development, testing, certification and claims...
- 2 weeks ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich., USA and OTTAWA, Ont., Canada — The Standards Council of Canada (SCC) has accredited NSF International to...
- 1 month ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. — NSF Sustainability, a division of global independent public health organization NSF International that provides sustainability standards...