NSF/ANSI Standard 60
- Benefits of Certification
- Why Work With NSF?
- Certification Process
If you manufacture, sell or distribute water treatment chemicals in North America, your products are required to comply with NSF/ANSI Standard 60: Drinking Water Treatment Chemicals – Health Effects by most governmental agencies that regulate drinking water supplies. Developed by a team of scientists, industry experts and key industry stakeholders, NSF/ANSI 60 sets health effects criteria for many water treatment chemicals including:
- Corrosion and scale inhibitors
- Coagulants and flocculants
- Disinfection and oxidation chemicals
- pH adjustment, softening, precipitation and sequestering chemicals
- Well drilling aids
- All other specialty chemicals used in drinking water treatment
Benefits of Certification
Certification to NSF/ANSI Standard 60 ensures that your product meets the regulatory requirements for the USA, Canada, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Spain and the UAE. NSF/ANSI 60 certification can often meet or fulfill the testing requirements for many other countries as well. Market leaders strive to attain NSF certification as a mark of distinction that provides their customers with assurance that the product is safe for use in drinking water.
NSF/ANSI 60 testing can also provide validation for water well products and subsurface ground fill materials to U.S. EPA drinking water requirements, as well as testing chemicals used in the hydraulic fracturing process.
Certification also allows your company to:
- List your product in our online directory of certified drinking water treatment chemicals
- Use the NSF certification mark on your products and in your promotional materials
Why Work With NSF?
The NSF mark, well respected by public health officials and drinking water utilities, is recognized worldwide as a symbol of product quality and integrity.
Our responsive, personalized service quickly guides your products through the certification process, ensuring that they get to market on time and on budget.
We offer product bracketing services wherever possible to help keep costs down, and provide pricing up front so there are no hidden surprises down the road.
We distinguish ourselves due to our thorough product evaluation, but our certification process is simple and efficient. We assign you a dedicated NSF project manager as a single point of contact to guide you through the certification process and oversee your certification project every step of the way.
Seven Simple Steps to Certification:
- Your company submits an application.
- You provide product formulation, toxicology and product use information.
- Our toxicology department reviews formulations.
- We perform a plant audit and sample collection.
- Our laboratory conducts testing.
- We complete a final toxicology evaluation.
- We grant NSF certification for compliant products and you can use the NSF mark on products, packaging and marketing materials.
Let the experts at NSF help you by expediting your time to market, bundling services and reducing the number of contracted service providers by reducing facility audits and overall costs.
- 4 weeks ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich., USA and OTTAWA, Ont., Canada — The Standards Council of Canada (SCC) has accredited NSF International to...
- 1 month ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich., USA and AURORA, Ont., Canada – NSF International has acquired the laboratory portion of Jana Laboratories Inc.,...
- Tuesday, October 14, 2014
- 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States